December 20, 2011

Randomness.... with pictures

This is what my life has been lately. Between work, church, Bible Study, random trips, random time with friends, random adventures, a lot of coffee, aaaaand just a little bit of random down times where I can knit, I have a few pictures to show for it all.

At the beginning of last month, November - yes, it has been that long, o my gosh - I went on a short little trip to the Oregon Coast. Went with a couple girlfriends and we had a blast fellowshipping, drinking coffee, frolicking on the beach, and even did a little yarnshopping! We went to this little shop in Cannon Beach, Coastal yarns where I bought some yarn and so did one of my friends. Then I taught her how to knit with it over coffee. Very fun time!!
So in case you were wondering, I bought some gorgeously red hand-dyed merino yarn - Madelinetosh Tosh Merino in "tart". It's pretty awesome. My friend bought three skeins of some kind of silk/alpaca yarn in very Autumnal colors - yellow, orange and white to make a striped scarf. Sorry, don't have have the exact deets on the yarn. But it's all very pretty and I got pictures!

Did I mention we had fun at the beach?? :)
I also had a birthday where my mom got me cubbies for my yarn! They are set up, but no organization has taken place yet...
Other than that, I have been wishing for snow and going on adventures looking for snow with varying success. 
Cataldo Mission in North Idaho

Lake Cocolalla in North Idaho, covered in snow and ice

I do have a few knitting projects in progress ~ one is a very cute dishcloth that I do not have a picture of. The other two, I'm a little too lazy right now to get out my real camera to take a picture, but I have an I-pod picture to share! I'm knitting a striped garter stitch scarf with the yarn I got in New York and some lace fingerless hand warmers with some alpaca I bought at Alpaca Direct in Hayden, ID - the pattern is Monkey Fingerless Mitts, a free pattern on Ravelry.
One more random thing - I'm going on a mountain adventure for Christmas!! My family has left for New York and will be gone this whole week, so I thought I'd take my three day weekend and go do something fun. I will be going to explore the Clearwater National Forest in Idaho and Bitterroot Valley in Montana and hoping I do not freeze to death!! I fully believe that knitting and the body heat of my little dog will keep this from happening!






2 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures Erica, I may not be into knitting but I sure do enjoy your blog posts :)

    ReplyDelete