January 29, 2012

The Beginning of Something Beautiful


I have now been working on my first cardigan sweater for a little more than a day and THIS is what I have to show for it. 6 rows of garter stitch plus 2 rows of the Mussel Stitch from this lovely little pattern:  http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/us/pattern.php?id=5033&lang=us .
And yes, I changed my mind about my shrug again. I just thought this was lovelier. And maybe a bit simpler. And I believe I may have been wrong about the latter statement! It took me starting this pattern three times, contemplating substituting cables for the mussel stitch and watching a YouTube video several times to finally get me on the right track! Anyway, I'm excited about how this will turn out.
FYI if anyone decides to partake in this pattern:

Oh! and another lovely little thing that is just beginning - I planted some herb seeds and they are sprouting! Here's a sprig of the basil I planted, compliments of Josh Michel, who clicked the shutter button on my little camera :) I am very much looking forward to throwing in some fresh herbs with some tomatoes and chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment