March 8, 2011

I did it! I bought pretty yarn :)

ok, I caved. I bought more yarn. It's very pretty yarn :) Yes, I'm going to start knitting with it right away and no, I do not have a pattern
I bought 2 25g balls of Schulana Mosco in kiwi and I plan to knit a little keepsake sachet bag for an adorable bride-to-be who I work with. I'm planning to start with the magic cast-on method for the bottom and maybe a little lace pattern for up the side of it.





Other than that, I decided to take some quick snapshots of my works in progress:

This is my Fit to be Tied cowl from Cowl Girls: The Neck's Big Thing to Knit. I am knitting it with temptation by Alpaca with a Twist - 80% alpaca, 20% silk. I love the luxurious feel of this yarn and can't wait till I finish this pattern! Unfortunately, I'm not too thrilled about this stitch, it's called the beaded rib and is just a little awkward to knit. I shall get it done one of these days!









This is my Scrunchable Scarf. I am using leftover malibrigo yarn that my friend pawned off on me ... :) ... the stitch is actually very similar to the beaded rib, but I like it more. It's not quite as awkward. So, it will be interesting to see which one gets done first!

No comments:

Post a Comment