January 1, 2012

A Little Experiment

Happy New Year!!! First day of twenty twelve has been a pretty fabulous one indeed. I believe this may have been the laziest weekend I've experienced in a while.

So I decided to do a little experiment today. It was overcast - borderline boring when it comes to cloud formations. But it still had that beautiful silvery sheen floating across the sky. After meeting with a good friend and going grocery shopping, I decided to go back to that one spot I shot pictures on Friday. I wanted to see if I could still take a lovely picture :) and that, I did. When it comes to capturing God's light - there's a fine line between waiting on God to reveal His glorious majesty and just searching for and finding it in everyday details. I have to admit, that line is still one big mystery to me. Kind of an exciting one.


"It is the glory of God to conceal things, 
   but the glory of kings is to search things out. 
As the heavens for height, and the earth for depth, 
   so the heart of kings is unsearchable." {Proverbs 25:2-3}



So after that little excursion, I came home, brewed up some deliciously strong dark roast coffee and got out my Monkey Fingerless Mitts I've been working on. I've been ignoring this project because I got to the inevitable thumb gusset part and have just been procrastinating. I really want to wear these mitts at work though, so I can't hold off too much longer. Hopefully the left hand will work up faster than the right hand :) and for the record - this is only my second attempted project with this specific yarn - Alpaca Direct's very own 90% baby alpaca 10% silk blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment