March 11, 2012

So, who knits red mittens just in time for Spring??

This girl, right here. To be fair, I did start them just before Valentine's day - although, I don't really think that was on my mind when I started these. Nor was it that I needed a pair of mittens. On the other hand, they will come in quite handy when we get our late March snow storm. (I am quite certain this WILL happen). I do believe it was because I had just wound up the gorgeous red Madelinetosh Tosh Merino and it was sitting in my yarn cubby, taunting me. It told me that it deserved to be knitted and that it should be a pair of mittens... who can argue with that?? Anyway, I finished them today. I used the pattern for Family Fun Mittens, found on Ravelry, except I decided to forgo the waffle stitch and knit it in plain stockinette throughout... oh and I used size 5 DPN's instead of size 6. Now my size 5 DPN's are free for other things like.... a guinea pig sweater! Yep, my friend David has a pretty swank little guinea pig named Mac. I had the pleasure of meeting this little dude last night and I agree, he needs a sweater. It'll be a fun little project I'm sure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment